Mommy’s Milk Human Milk Research Biorepository is building the first-ever breast milk bank for research in the nation! The staff at UC San Diego’s Center for Better Beginnings is organizing the collection and safe storage of breast milk samples, and is asking for your generous support. You can donate two ounces of breast milk, and we’ll keep it safe for a role in future research projects. Contact us to schedule your breast milk donation!
information for participants
Researchers want to learn more about human breast milk and how it influences health and development. Moms want to know how to best feed their babies and keep them healthy. Together, we can achieve this goal.
You are eligible to participate if you are:
- 18+ years of age
- Willing to donate 2 oz. of breast milk
You’ll be asked to:
- Donate 2 oz (50 ml) of breast milk
- Complete an interview that will collect information about you and your family
- Complete an online questionnaire about your diet
- Fill out online questionnaires about your mood
- Submit questionnaires about your child’s development
Optional steps you can take to help us further our research include:
- Releasing medical records for you and your child so that we can look at your health and your child’s health in comparison to your breast milk sample
- Allowing us to contact you with information about other research studies no more than twice a year
- Allowing us to contact you to update your personal information no more than once a year