Mommy’s Milk Human Milk Research Biorepository is building the first-ever breast milk bank for research in the nation! The staff at UC San Diego Center’s for Better Beginnings is organizing the collection and safe storage of breast milk samples, and is asking for your generous support. You can donate two ounces of breast milk, and we’ll keep it safe for a role in future research projects. Contact us to schedule your breast milk donation!
information for participants
Researchers want to learn more about human breast milk and how it influences health and development. Moms want to know how to best feed their babies and keep them healthy. Together, we can achieve this goal.
You are eligible to participate if you are:
- 18+ years of age
- Willing to donate 2 oz. of breast milk
You’ll be asked to:
- Donate 2 oz (50 ml) of breast milk
- Complete an interview that will collect information about you and your family
- Complete an online questionnaire about your diet
- Fill out online questionnaires about your mood
- Submit questionnaires about your child’s development
Optional steps you can take to help us further our research include:
- Releasing medical records for you and your child so that we can look at your health and your child’s health in comparison to your breast milk sample
- Allowing us to contact you with information about other research studies no more than twice a year
- Allowing us to contact you to update your personal information no more than once a year
Thank you for your interest in Mommy’s Milk. We are working to understand the powerful impact of breast milk and how it influences child health and development.
If you live outside of San Diego County, California: at this time we are not collecting milk samples from moms who reside outside of San Diego County. If you would like to be added to our wait-list, you are welcome to complete the below form. If/when we re-expand our collection area, we would be happy to contact you to see if you are still nursing. Thank you!
If you live in San Diego County, California: please complete the form below, and a member of our team will be in touch! Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. You can skip any optional questions if you do not want to answer. If you are breastfeeding, you are eligible for the study no matter what your answers are. All of your information will be kept confidential and private.
For more information, please contact Kerri Bertrand by email at [email protected] or call 858.246.1713.