Mommy’s Milk is looking for people who are breast/chestfeeding and who are currently taking Motegrity® (prucalopride) for the treatment of functional constipation. Our research study will examine whether Motegrity® can be found in human milk and whether this has any effect on the infant’s growth or development. If you’re taking Motegrity®, please consider joining our study!
Participation includes providing 4-7 human milk samples over a 24-hour period before and after taking a dose of Motegrity®, phone interviews about the nursing parent and their baby’s health and environment, questionnaires about baby’s growth and development, and releasing baby’s medical records.
Participate in the Study
You are eligible to participate if you are:
- 18+ years of age
- Currently living in the United States
- Chest/breastfeeding a child 11 months old or younger
- Currently taking Motegrity® for the treatment of functional constipation
You’ll be asked to:
- Provide at least 4 and up to 7 human milk samples collected at specific time points from a single breast over a 24-hour period of collection before and after taking a dose of Motegrity®.
- Human milk samples will be collected at home using your personal electric breast pump and shipped to our study office using materials we will provide at no cost.
- Release baby’s medical records
- Complete phone interviews at enrollment and once every 2 months until baby is 13 months old
- Submit up to 2 questionnaires about your child’s development (once at 3-5 months, and again at 12 months)
- $100 gift card after returning 4-7 human milk samples
- $10 gift card after returning the 3-5 month developmental questionnaire
- $15 gift card after returning the 12 month developmental questionnaire
For more information, please contact Mommy’s Milk by email, Subject Line: Motegrity® Study, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 858.246.1713.